A long time ago, I posted about my love for movie (and TV) quotes, so I thought I'd list a few of the quotes that Kyle and I use so often we can barely even distinguish them from our actual language.
In fact, it's only when a stranger is around to ask "What does that mean?" that we even notice we are doing it.
Here's a quick decoder:
1. What We Say: "I'm going with Jerk Store!!!!" What We Mean: "Don't sully my artistic vision."
2. What We Say: "I celebrate Julianne Moore's entire catalogue." What We Mean: "I like Julianne Moore."
3. What We Say: "That's gold, Jerry, gold!" What We Mean: "That's freaking funny."
4. What We Say: "Some foolish carpenter parked in my spot!" What We Mean: "Some idiot took my spot."
5. What We Say: "Brought you a little snack, Eckart." What We Mean: "Check this out."
6. What We Say: "I feel very... confused and titillated." What We Mean: "What the *&!@ is that?"
Can anyone name all the movies/shows?
My only recent genius quote was way back at Christmas when Owen got some annoying light up/musical toy. I said "I like the glow. It's red like our Krypton sun. But not this irritating noise." I was pretty amused, but nobody else got it :(.